Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
If you’re looking for a Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip, this is a tried and true recipe.
Spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise make this Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip so good!
CREAMY SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP
I’ve heard that everyone has a body double somewhere in the world. You know…someone who looks just like you, wandering around out there.
Enter in my good friend Kendee.
While my friend Kendee and I don’t look anything alike, we’ve discovered that we’ve led independent yet freakishly parallel lives. We’ve made a lot of the same life decisions without even knowing it.
Kendee and I grew up less than mile away from each other in Arizona but then headed our own ways. We both graduated from Computer Science. We both worked at the same Forensic Software company – which I didn’t find out later until I ran across some of her notes in some code I was working on.
She loves food as much as I do and had her food blog Pimp My Dinner before food blogs ever were. And our husbands happen to be equally sarcastic and witty. Not totally uncommon. But they take it to a new level.
She even recently moved to Florida and as we were catching we looked down and noticed that our wedding rings were almost identical. This was starting to get weird.
Since we’re on the same life path, I guess it was only a matter of time before this spinach artichoke dip came into my way. Okay, I know everyone has a spinach artichoke dip. Heck, I even already have this Spinach Artichoke Dip.
But as soon as I tasted this Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip at Kendee’s house on Christmas, I knew I had found a new favorite. I could not stop eating this.
My other dip calls for creamed spinach, which I don’t always have on hand. I loved that this recipe uses ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
You can use frozen spinach or fresh. I love the taste of fresh and always have it on hand. I think I need a bigger bowl though to stir it all together. Don’t worry, the spinach cooks down while baking.
And if you see my body double out there somewhere…let me know.
If you love this Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip, you’ll love these recipes:
Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
If you're looking for a Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip, this is a tried and true recipe. Spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise make this Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip so good!
- 1 (10 ounce package) frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well) OR 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce can) artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or more to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degress. In a medium bowl, warm cream cheese in microwave for about a minute to soften. Add spinach, artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, and parmesan. Mix all together and add garlic salt and cayenne to taste. Don't worry, if using fresh spinach it will reduce down while cooking.
- Place in an oven safe dish and bake in the oven at for about 20 minutes or until the top is toasty. If you're using fresh spinach bake for 20 minutes, stir, and bake for an additional 10 minutes if needed.
- Serve with bread, chips or veggies.
- Kendee likes to thinly slice crusty bread, spritz it with olive oil and lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper on top. Place in the oven at 400 degrees for a couple of minutes until the tops are barely toasted.
Source: Pimp My Dinner