These German Chocolate Cake Bars are all the flavors of your favorite cake in a bar! We just got back from a trip to Disney World. For those of you who don’t know my husband, he binges on fun. Where most people go to Disney for the day, he makes sure we do it from the time the gates open until the gates close. It’s miserable and wonderful at the same time.
We have a toddler that insisted on being held the whole time. And she prefers being held on the left. So both my husband and I got an awesome arm workout…on one side. I usually max out on 12.5 lb weights at the gym and holding a 30 lb sack of flour on my left arm the whole day about ruined me. I tried to balance it out by eating as much as I could with my right arm. Which just made my booty bigger.
These German Chocolate Cake Bars are tasty. My friend Heather was hosting Bunko and I asked if I could help bring anything and she told me to make these. I like being told what to do. It’s the 10th child in me I guess. I’m used to it.
Since most people don’t want to commit to an entire cake, these bars are the way to go and are so simple. Enjoy!
|German Chocolate Cake Bars|| |
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil’s good cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and egg, and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven. The crust will continue to bake in the next step.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg, pecans and coconut. Pour evenly over the warm crust and sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips. Bake for 24-30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown. Don't overbake! Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.