These Salsa Verde Beef Tacos are so simple and full of flavor. The beef is cooked in the slow cooker with salsa verde and seasonings until tender. Make these for your next Taco Tuesday!
Hey you guys! Today is the day! My cookbook is officially released. Woo-hoo! Once again, thank you so much for all of your support.
And to celebrate…Taco Tuesday! I am ashamed to admit that my kids learned about Taco Tuesday not from myself, but from The Lego Movie. And then they became obsessed with it. We eat Mexican food on a regular basis but Taco Tuesday just ensures that we get our Mexican fix for the week.
These Salsa Verde Beef Tacos are sooooo easy. Literally I prepped everything in under ten minutes and after being gone all day came home to the amazing smell of this cooking in my slow cooker. I let it cook then kept it on the warm setting of my slow cooker until we were ready to eat. I love cooking with salsa verde because all of the tomatillo flavor and spices are already built in. All I added were some onions, garlic, and a little more cumin.
|Salsa Verde Beef Tacos|| |
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (16 -oz) jar salsa verde
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed
- Limes for serving
- Optional Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avocado, sour cream
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the beef with the cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add to the beef to the skillet and brown each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a 6-quart slow cooker and add the salsa, onion and garlic on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred it with 2 forks. Return it to the slow cooker and stir in the cilantro. Using a slotted spoon remove meat and use for tacos.
- Serve the meat in warm tortillas and top with preferred toppings. Serve with lime wedges.