Usually by mid-December my head is spinning with parties, Christmas shopping, and deadlines. It’s already happening! Now…in November. I’m trying to get my act together so that I actually enjoy the holidays.
Part of getting my act together is making easy meals that my family loves. Dinner time is when we talk about our favorite part of the day. People always think that because I blog about food that my own dinners are always extravagant. I’m all about easy people. So when the chaos starts happening, I pull out the big guns. These Pesto Chicken Pillows have a creamy chicken filling inside a buttery crunchy crescent roll. No one is complaining when these are on the table.
Fill each crescent rectangle with some filling and dip it in butter. I like to roll it in Panko crumbs. You could definitely use breadcrumbs here but I like the extra crunch that Panko crumbs give it.I line all of my pans with foil or parchment. It’s not that it’s that necessary, I just like an easier clean up.Stick a fork in it. Dinner is done!
|Pesto Chicken Pillows|| |
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups seasoned Panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, pesto, green onions, and chicken. Stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Unroll the crescent dough. Take two triangles and press them together to form a rectangle.
- Spoon about ½ cup of the chicken mixture in the center of the rectangle and bring the corners of the crescent dough together, pinching to seal.
- Place the Panko crumbs on a plate. Dip each chicken pillow in the melted butter (or brush it on using a pastry brush) and roll it in the Panko crumbs.
- Place the chicken pillows seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken pillows have turned golden brown.