Spoiled. My baby sleeps 11 hours every night. It’s awesome and something I take for granted. If only I could get myself to bed early enough to enjoy the benefits.
So this morning, when she woke up after only 9 hours of sleep, I found myself grumbling for a second. But when I walked into her room she was cooing and beaming at the sight of me. Those of you who have kids know what a great feeling that is. I do not possess an ounce of a morning person in me but I couldn’t help but smile and smother her with kisses.
She really is the joy in my world. The peanut butter to my chocolate.
There aren’t a lot of things in this world that are pure joy like that. I think cake batter and sprinkles rank right up there.
Remember when my husband thought he invented cake batter ice cream? No, he’s not taking credit for these too. But he did say, “These are the best things I’ve ever eaten.”
These are chewy and gooey. You’re going to think they’re not done when you pull them out of the oven and you’ll be semi-right. But once they cool, they become the perfect chewy cake batter bliss. I’m not usually a white chocolate lover but it kind of blends in with the whole cake batter taste. Stock up on your sprinkles because you’ll need a lot for these.
|Cake Batter Blondies|| |
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ -1/2 cup milk
- ½ cup sprinkles
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the milk slowly adding between ¼ and ½ cup. Start with ¼ cup and add up to ½ cup total. You want to cake batter to be as dense and thick as possible for a chewy blondie so try to use the least amount that you can.
- Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into 8 x 8inch baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown. The blondies will still be gooey in the middle just out of the oven but after they've completely cooled they will be perfectly chewy and soft.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.