Just like many of you, all we’ve been doing during this time is baking. My way of curbing the calories is by only making small batches or 8×8 dishes. That way, once all of my family has had a treat, there’s only one or two left.
We oddly have all the time in the world but yet no time to get anything done after home school and cooking all the meals. Do you feel the same way?
Except for working out. We do a lot of that. Not that it offsets it. When you’re married to a pro athlete you sometimes feel like you are his latest project. Help.
Nothing hits the spot like a warm snickerdoodle. These are a blend between a snickerdoodle and a blondie. Chewy, cinnamon sugar bars that are a slice of heaven.
CAN I DOUBLE THIS?
Yes. You can double this and bake it in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
OTHER CINNAMON RECIPES
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Cream Cheese Cinnamon Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease an 8-inch baking dish. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Beat in the egg. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake until set and golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.