Unicorn Ice Cream Cake
How fun is this Unicorn Ice Cream Cake? It’s an easy, magical, delicious dessert filled with cake batter ice cream or rainbow sherbet. This can totally be made ahead of time!
UNICORN ICE CREAM CAKE
When Reynolds Kitchens asked me if I would help them celebrate their 70th birthday but updating one of their old recipes, I said yes!
Can you believe they’ve been in kitchens for 70 years?
They’ve totally withstood the test of time and I’ve been using their Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil for years to line my pans, cover my dishes, storing food, and making foil packets for camping (hello hobo dinners).
Here’s the recipe below they wanted an updated spin on: Frozen Neapolitan Delight.
I mean I’m not hating on it BUT I immediately thought with all the unicorn madness circulating lately that I definitely needed to make a unicorn version of this cake.
BAM! There she is. Ain’t she pretty? It’s everything I had pictured in my head.
So what makes something unicorn-y. After much research, it’s these colors together: turquoise, bright pink, and purple.
When they’re all hanging out, magical things happen.
See…magic. Ice cream cake is so simple. Start with a pound cake sliced in half and then add your favorite rainbow colored ice cream in the middle.
I went back and forth between rainbow sherbet or cake batter ice cream. I really wanted cake batter ice cream but no joke, it has disappeared from Florida temporarily.
I’ve asked every grocery store owner (five stores) and they said there’s been a run on it. It’s out of stock. The goal is just a brightly colored ice cream.
Give the colored topping a gently swirl and top with pastel colored sprinkles. Freeze for two hours flat on some foil and then wrap it up and freeze until solid.
You can make this so far ahead of time.
Then when you’re ready, slice and serve. So easy!
OTHER ICE CREAM RECIPES
- FRIED ICE CREAM
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM
- ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE
- PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM
- OREO CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM
Unicorn Ice Cream Cake
- 10.75 ounce frozen pound cake, slightly thawed
- 1 pint cake batter ice cream or rainbow sherbet
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- pink, blue, and purple food coloring
- pastel sprinkles
- Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap
- Place a 18" square piece of Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap in a large baking sheet (for support). .Slice the pound cake in half lengthwise and lay one half in the middle of the foil.
- Slice the ice cream in half lengthwise and arrange on top of the pound cake. Top with the other half.
- In three small bowls, divide the whipped topping equally and color one purple, pink, and blue.
- Add alternating dollops on top of the pound cake and with a spatula gently smooth an even layer on top and down the sides.
- Decorate with sprinkles. Freeze for 2 hours uncovered in the freezer or until whipped topping is hard.
- Remove from freezer and bring sides of foil up and fold together. Fold the ends in. Freeze until ready to serve.