You knew it was coming. The cravings that is. I’ve been a little obsessed with salty foods and this blue cheese potato salad hit the spot for me.
I know, I know…you are supposed to go easy on the soft cheeses when you are pregnant. But it’s not like I’m drinking, smoking, cliff jumping, wakeboarding, cleaning the cat litter, hitting the tanning beds, or eating sushi.
It was a small indulgence in comparison.
And this is a mayonnaise free potato salad so it’s safe and great for those fourth of july barbecues. As long as you don’t add the extra tablespoon of blue cheese dressing that I did. Although it really didn’t need it. But it tasted really good and adds a little creaminess if you want it.
|Blue Cheese Potato Salad|| |
- ?6 slices bacon
- 2 pounds red new potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red or white vinegar
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing (optional)
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Cook longer if potatoes are bigger. Drain and cool potatoes. Dice potatoes, leaving the skins on.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, bacon and cheese and toss to coat. It's great served warm, room temperature, or chilled. Best served the same day. Makes 5 Servings. *Note: You may want to toss in the bacon right before serving so that it doesn't get mushy.
Source: adapted from Allrecipes