These S’mores Cookies are graham crackers dalloped with chocolate chip marshmallow cookie dough and topped with Hershey squares.
Yesterday was busy with swimming, BBQing, and relaxing. My Laundry Monday turned into Laundry Tuesday topped with an additional load of damp swimming towels. Being the good parents we are we counted swimming as baths for the kids and sent them to bed smelling of sunblock.
Then as I snuggled on the couch to write a post about these cookies I brought to our BBQ I just…could not…keep…my eyes…open. *Snooze*
These S’mores Cookies are a perfect hello to summer. I’ve seen these floating around the web and you know how much I loved these S’mores Bars so I had to give ’em a try.
These S’mores Cookies have a graham cracker base with a chocolate chip cookie sprinkled with chocolate and marshmallows topping it. The crunch of the graham cracker with the gooey cookie is the perfect combination.
|Place tablespoons of dough on each graham cracker square.|
|Here there are almost done…not quite all the way melted yet.|
|S’mores Cookies|| |
- 11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- (optional) 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
- 1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight (I did one batch right away and another after chilling overnight and found there was no difference.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper. I used one 11x17 pan and one 9x13 pan but you can really use any sized pans you want.
- Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching). I used 16 graham cracker squares on one pan and 10 squares on another. You may have to add or remove graham crackers according to how much dough you have. If you want your cookies thicker you will use more dough and less graham crackers.
- Place tablespoons of dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart. I averaged about 1½ tablespoons of dough per graham cracker square as seen in the picture above. Press down slightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top. You can place as many pieces or as little as you want depending how much chocolate flavor you want.
- Bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes or more if your cookies are thicker. They will be done when the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. For clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife.