No-Bake S’mores Treats
These No-Bake S’mores Treats only have 4 ingredients and taste just like S’mores. Golden grahams taste just like graham crackers with marshmallows and chocolate. These are a great dessert for potlucks and barbecues.
NO-BAKE S’MORES TREATS
The other day I took all of my kids to a swim park. My second youngest finally just tall enough to ride all of the slides and go on the diving board.
She was thrilled at her new found freedom and was able to hang with my three older boys…which left my youngest daughter in a puddle of tears.
Her play buddy had abandoned her and you try explaining to a 2-year-old that she’s not tall enough or old enough.
She cried for an hour straight. I even tried to have the lifeguards explain it to her with no avail (sometimes other people can get through to your kids when you can’t).
Why is it that when we’re kids we try our whole life to be older, taller, and weigh more. At what point does that reverse directions? All I want to be is smaller, thinner, and younger. Thirty? Is that the age?
These No-Bake S’mores Treats might seem familiar. They’re really just Rice Krispie Treats with a little summer twist.
Golden Grahams act as your graham cracker, then melted butter and marshmallows topped with milk chocolate. They’re so easy and the kids go wild for them.
I made these in under 10 minutes which is always a score in my book. I saved some marshmallows for the top so it looked prettier.
The secret to extra gooey bars is to put just a little less cereal than the recipe calls for.
OTHER S’MORES RECIPES
No-Bake S'mores Treats
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package, (10 ounces) miniature or large marshmallows
- 1 package, (12 ounces) Golden Grahams (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows (reserving a handful for the top); cook and stir until blended. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula, press firmly into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Using a fork, drizzle bars with melted chocolate chips. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Source: Taste of Home