I’m headed to the beach with my family that’s in town visiting but not until I share with you one of my favorite holiday appetizers – Cranberry and Pecan Brie En Croute. It’s Brie topped with cinnamon toasted pecans, cranberries, and brown sugar all wrapped in a buttery puff pastry. John and I ate this all by ourselves.
|Just place the Brie on the puff pastry and pile on toasted cinnamon pecans, cranberries, and brown sugar.|
|Cranberry and Pecan Brie En Croute|| |
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel of Brie cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Soak dried cranberries in a small bowl of water for one minute so that they are not hard.
- Lay thawed puff pastry sheet on a cookie sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in pecans and cinnamon and toast for about 3 minutes.
- Place Brie in the middle of the puff pastry.
- Place pecan mixture on top of Brie.
- Place brown sugar on top of pecan mixture. The heat of the pecan mixture will help melt the brown sugar.
- Drain cranberries. Place them on top of brown sugar.
- Bring the edges of the puff pastry up and press them together making sure to seal the dough. If you have excess dough you can cut a leaf or decoration to add to the top of the Brie.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the entire pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven or until the pastry is a golden brown.
- Serve with crackers or just by the slice.