I do over my fair share of food blog browsing and therefore I see the trends in the food world…and my friends ASPARAGUS is the new BLACK.
Pair it up with a pork tenderloin, as an accessory to your salmon, or wrap it in proscuttio for an appetizer. Really it goes with everything and is the most popular vegetable this spring. My family loves it so I’m always trying different ways to serve it and we really liked this. This recipe comes from my sister-in-law Kristy who served this at Easter.
|Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter|| |
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Make sure not to burn it just get it to a point where the butter has a nutty smell. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over the asparagus, tossing well to coat. Serve immediately.