This Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad is a great salad for a crowd. A way to bulk up a salad is to add cooked pasta to it! Try it and you’ll never go back.
My church calling has kept me really busy lately. Every couple of weeks it seems like we have a stake function where we are feeding between 100 and 200 people. Only four of us make up the stake RS presidency so even though the food assignments are divided, each of us are still making a lot of food!
This past week I was in charge of salad for 150 women. I remembered a recipe my cousin Amy had sent me a while ago for a salad that fed a crowd so I went searching for it in my emails. I made it 3 times last week: once for the missionaries, for the RS event, and then I made it for a BBQ.
This Caesar salad has chicken, almonds, croutons, parmesan cheese and a little twist…bowtie pasta. People are always surprised to see it in a green salad. I like the addition of the pasta in the salad because it adds more substance and you can add more pasta to make the salad stretch. All the measurements are approximate…you can adjust it however you like.
|Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad|| |
- 2 bunches green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 bag garlic croutons
- 1 bag Almond Accents/ Roasted Garlic Caesar
- 2 Chicken Breasts, boiled with an onion and salt and pepper
- 2 cups bowtie pasta, cooked
- 4 - 6 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- Brianna’s Asiago Caesar Dressing
- Toss all the above ingredients with Caesar dressing right before serving. Serves 20-25.
- *I like Brianna's dressing because it is potent and you don't have to use a lot but you could substitute another quality Caesar dressing as well.