Oops.Spring is almost here. I can feel it in the air. It’s in the mid-70’s here and it’s gorgeous. My mother-in-law texted me from Denver and they are buried in snow! So I guess there are couple more soup days left until spring is officially here. This soup is beyond easy. It definitely qualifies for a “No-cooking” Friday.
|Steph’s White Bean and Sausage Soup|| |
- 4 (15 oz) cans of white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (32 oz) cans or boxes of chicken broth
- 2 (28 oz) cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs mild Italian sausage (I used hot sausage. I think it makes the soup)
- 2 oz fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook sausage in frying pan until cooked through. In large pot, add sausage and then add all other ingredients. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.