A couple of months ago I wanted to make the coveted Red Lobster biscuits but I didn’t have Bisquick at the time so I made these Cheese Muffins instead. They tasted great but to simplify things even more (Yes, I’m that lazy) here’s an awesome recipe if you have Bisquick on hand that tastes just like Red Lobster’s. These are grub. They would be great with an Easter ham.
Austin said he wanted the last biscuit but then got distracted and went outside to play. He came back and the last biscuit was gone (I assumed he was full when he left). Needless to say he was upset so it looks like I will be making these again soon to make up for it…
|Cheddar Bay Biscuits|| |
- 2½ cups Bisquick
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease or line one cookie sheet with parchment; set aside.
- Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter (I just use a fork to cut the butter into the mixture). Don't worry about mixing too thoroughly; there will be small chunks of butter in the mix about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
- Drop ¼ cup portions of the dough onto the lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes in preheated oven or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
- While the biscuits are baking, melt butter is a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in garlic powder and dried parsley flakes.
- After biscuits have come out of the oven, use a brush to spread the garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on the freshly coated biscuits. Makes one dozen.
- Need to use up some zucchini? Grate a small zucchini, about ¾ cup. Strain the grated zucchini in a cheesecloth or some paper towels to get rid of the excess moisture. Add the grated zucchini to the biscuit batter when you add the cheese and milk.