Easy Cheese Biscuits
Easy Cheese Biscuits are the perfect recipe when you need a quick and easy biscuit for dinner. Make these with soups or chili. They are made from scratch but only take a couple of minutes to throw together.
EASY CHEESE BISCUITS
Do you know how much prep it takes to film six recipes? I had to have two to three batches of the recipe already done the night before. Basically, I’ve been cooking all day every day.
And then my kitchen had to look like no one ever eats in it. With five kids, that’s impossible. Usually our counter is packed with cans of protein powder, pre-workout, post-workout, nightime shake, amino acids, etc.
Not to mention just to keep my family functioning we have enough bananas, apples, and oranges for a small country and two loaves of bread for school lunches at all time. We are a full on child raising company.
So sorry if I couldn’t pump out a recipe this week for you guys. I promise I have some lined up. In my brain of course. Not actually cooked and photographed.
Here’s the deal on these Easy Cheese Biscuits. Biscuits are the thing that you make you need to make some kind of roll/bread thingy and you don’t have time to let them rise.
That does not mean that they aren’t equally as good. In fact, I have these Cheddar Bay Biscuits that taste almost exactly like these but start with a Bisquick base.
These Easy Cheese Biscuits are from scratch which I like because I don’t always have Bisquick on hand.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make Easy Cheese Biscuits they can be whipped up in ten minutes or less and are best served warm. I’m not afraid of garlic so I added a garlic glaze on top and in my opinion it cannot be skipped.
OTHER BISCUIT RECIPES:
- Sour Cream Mini Biscuits
- Green Chili Biscuits
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Keto Biscuits
- Strawberry Cheesecake Biscuit Waffles
Easy Cheese Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You can do this with a food processor or with two forks in a criss-cross motion. Stir in cheese and garlic. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
For the Glaze: Combine the butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Set aside.
- Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush glaze on top of biscuits after they come out of the oven. Serve warm.