We’ve been hitting it hard core over here trying to eat healthy…but today I had enough. I’m not a smoker but I imagine it’s like trying to quit smoking. I just felt so tense and uptight all today. Food is my drug of choice and today I just needed a hit. Seriously after I made these I took a bite and let out a long deep breath…much better. Got of it out of my system until I relapse again.
Macadamia nuts were on sale at the grocery store so that’s what inspired these. Then I came home and researched online for the best macadamia nut cookie and I saw these on For the Love of Cooking and they looked like just what I wanted. I loved these! Don’t be surprised if you don’t get actual cookies because the dough is unbelievable. As I started making them I noticed the recipe looked familiar. Turns out it’s the exact same cookie recipe as my favorite chocolate chip cookies just with the white chocolate chips and nuts swapped instead of chocolate chips. Chewy. Moist. Salty. Sweet. Enough said.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1½ to 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl then set aside. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla with a mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just mixed. Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips by hand. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges look golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 4-5 minutes so the cookies can set before moving to a rack.