This Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey is fancy enough to serve at a formal get together but easy enough to prepare in just a couple of minutes. The tangy cheese melts and is complimented by the sweet honey on top of a toasted baguette.
I have never been a fan of fancy food. You know…the weed salads and small portions. I prefer Outback where the food is good and you get more bang for your buck. However, I recently had this at a fancy luncheon at the coach’s house for the player’s wives and couldn’t stop eating them. I asked the caterer what it was and then went home and googled the ingredients and Giada’s recipe came up.
Don’t be scared by the Gorgonzola. It wasn’t overpowering. At least mine wasn’t. The sweet/salty combo is perfect. It’s easy and appears gourmet. I was on the phone with my sister when I fixed these and John had just walked in the door from work. When I got off the phone only three were left…THREE. The only drawback to these is they are best when right out of the oven so probably best to be made at your own home instead of taken to a function.
|Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey|| |
- 36 slices (1/2-inch thick) baguette bread, about 1 loaf
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
- Arrange the cheese on the toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the toasts with honey. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.