My friend Wendy is an amazing cook and brought in these babies as dessert with her meal. The marshmallow melts inside the roll creating a juicy sauce. It’s like an inside out cinnamon roll. I have heard these referred to as “Empty Tomb” rolls that can be made at Easter. They are easy to make with kids and they invite the opportunity to explain about the ressurection because the disappearing marshmallow is supposed to represent Jesus being risen.
Here’s a breakdown of the symbolism:
- Large Marshmallows – body of Jesus
- Melted Butter – oils of embalming
- Cinnamon and Sugar Mix- spices used to annoint the body.
- Crescent Roll – the wrapping of Jesus’ body or the tomb.
- Oven – the tomb
- Cavity in bun – the empty tomb or the empty cloths