Santa Claus Cookies
These Santa Claus Cookies are peanut butter and white chocolate treats that are easy enough to make with your kids and fancy enough to give to your friends for Christmas.
SANTA CLAUS COOKIES
Somewhere in my childhood I was traumatized by the phone. I hate the phone. I will do whatever it takes to not call someone.
It may be that my mom was known for handing off the phone to me with whoever she was talking to and saying, “Here, talk to Christy.” To which a super awkward and long five minute conversation would follow with person on the phone.
Don’t even get me started on FaceTime. That’s like a phone call on steroids.
Something about getting phone calls gives me anxiety. Long ago, someone introduced me to the Do Not Disturb function on my phone which means only my husband can actually call me and it rings.
All other calls come in silently without a jarring ring. Sometimes I accidentally leave it on Do Not Disturb and my life is a lot more peaceful that way. I know. I ‘m weird. I’m like an Introverted Extrovert.
When texting was invented, I might have been the happiest person in the world.
In person, I love talking to people. I enjoy social situations and being around people. Around Christmas, I always give me friends and family plates of goodies.
I used to wait until Christmas Eve to do all my baking for Christmas plates but this year I’m starting early because Christmas Eve is way too crazy.
These Santa Claus Cookies were so much fun to make. We made this for family night with our kids and they loved it. My two year old started pouring handfuls of M&M’s in her mouth but other than that, it was fairly easy.
HOW TO MAKE SANTA CLAUS COOKIES
Here’s your lineup of ingredients.
It’s easiest to do all of the tops first and let them set.
Then dip the bottoms.
Aren’t these babies cute?
Santa Claus Cookies
- 12 ounces almond bark or white baking chocolate, , chopped
- 1 package, (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- red colored sugar
- 32 vanilla or white chips
- 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 red mini m&ms
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. I found it easier to press the cookie into the sugar after the chocolate had slightly set. Press one vanilla chip off-center on hat for pompom; let stand until set.
- Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a the m&m for the nose. Place on waxed paper until set.