It’s DAY 1 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies over here at The Girl Who Ate Everything. These Cran-Pistachio Cookies caught my eye because not only are they different from any other cookie I’ve ever made, they’re green and red…perfect for a Christmas cookie plate.
These Cran-Pistachio Cookies caught my eye because not only are they different from any other cookie I've ever made, they're green and red...perfect for a Christmas cookie plate.
- 1 1 lb 1.5 ounce pouch) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 box (4 serving size pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- optional - green food coloring (I didn't add any but if you wanted them extra green you could)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir cookie mix, unprepared pudding mix, and flour. Add melted butter and eggs and stir until incorporated.
- Add pistachios and cranberries and mix well.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and slightly flatten with fingertips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The only way you can ruin these cookies is to overbake them! If you bake them too long you will lose the soft texture and they won't be as green. They will not look done but take them out and let them sit on the pan for about 2 minutes. Trust me.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Source: Betty Crocker