Baked Denver Omelet
BAKED DENVER OMELET
One conversation that my husband and I revisit often is where we are going to settle down someday. His job right now in Florida will inevitably end at some point in which we most likely will move back West somewhere a little closer to our families. I’m from Arizona and he’s from Colorado, so naturally I think we both wouldn’t mind going back to where we grew up. We’re both incapable of making decisions and we both want to make each other happy to a fault.
Most of our date nights go something like this:
“Hmm….so where should we eat? I don’t really care.”
“Oh, I don’t care either. Whatever. What are YOU craving?”
So to think we could actually decide where to live for the rest of our lives isn’t even fathomable. We don’t even know what we are doing tomorrow. We’ve always had the philosophy that things will work out as they were meant to.
Whenever I think of Denver, I think of my second home. And if you ask my husband, Denver is God’s country. It’s arguably one of the prettiest places I have been so I have to agree.
Sautee your onions and peppers in butter until soft.
The ingredients are simple. Eggs, ham, peppers, and cheese.
This Baked Denver Omelet is conveniently baked in a round cake pan or pie dish. Instead of fussing over individual omelets, it can be made easily for a crowd. There’s nothing complicated here. Simple flavors and great taste. You could definitely add whatever add-ins you want here but then it wouldn’t really be the classic Denver omelet. It’s breakfast, brunch, or even dinner.
Not a ham fan? You can replace the ham with the same amount of cooked bacon or crumbled sausage.
OTHER EGG RECIPES
- Confetti Bacon and Hash Brown Casserole
- Martha’s Breakfast Casserole
- Deviled Egg Spread
- Cheesy Overnight Bacon and Egg Casserole
- Bacon, Asparagus Frittata
- Bacon, Egg, and Potato Skillet
- Overnight Ham and Cheese Enchiladas
- How to Boil an Egg
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
This Baked Denver Omelet is conveniently baked in a round cake pan or pie dish. Instead of fussing over individual omelets, it can be made easily for a crowd.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 green, red, or orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (use cream for Keto)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 or 10 inch round pan or pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the onion and bell pepper. Sautee a few minutes until soft. Add the ham and cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Add the cheese and ham mixture and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are done. Cut into slices and serve.