These Turtle Buckeye Brownies are rich chocolate brownies, a peanut butter truffle layer, topped with a caramel chocolate pecan layer. This is the ultimate decadent dessert.
Let me introduce you to probably one of the most rich and decadent desserts you will ever eat – these Turtle Buckeye Brownies. We’re talking a brownie layer topped with a peanut butter truffle layer inspired by the traditional buckeye and then topped with a chocolate, caramel, and pecan layer.
“Can you dig it? We can dig it! Can you dig it? We can dig it!“
Excuse me while I sing in my kitchen. What’s the name of that song? It’s driving me nuts.
These Reynolds® Bakeware Pans are great for get togethers because you don’t have to awkwardly wait for your dish to be empty before leaving. Not that you would have to worry about these Turtle Buckeye Brownies going fast. I literally had to package these up and send them to my friends before I ate all of these. I realized that it was a necessity after I had scarfed five without blinking an eye. Plus these pans are disposable. Remember my dishwasher has been broken for over a week? The last thing I want to do is one more dish.
Make and cool your brownies. You can definitely use a boxed brownie mix here if you want a shortcut but these brownies are so fudgy, rich, and good all by themselves. This peanut butter truffle layer are what dreams are made of. This is coming from the girl who has 49 peanut butter recipes on her blog.
Oh no. We don’t stop there. Melt caramel according to your package directions then quickly stir in some chocolate chips. The chips will melt but if you need them to be melted more you can melt the mixture in the microwave in 30 second increments.
Quickly stir in some chopped pecans completing the turtleness of the turtle layer.
Gently spread over the peanut butter layer.
Chill the brownies to make slicing easier. These Reynolds® Bakeware Pans come with lids so you really are all set to go to any function.
Then enjoy! Save them for an epic cheat day or bring them to a party to be the rock star of the night!
|Turtle Buckeye Brownies|| |
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 11 ounces individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- For the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing each egg well into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cocoa, and salt. Stir together. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into a 9x13-inch non-stick Reynolds® Bakeware Pan. If you are using a regular 9x13 baking dish spray it with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool brownies.
- For the Peanut Butter Truffle Layer: In a medium bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk until creamy. You can add more milk to make it spreadable if needed. Spread onto cooled brownies. Cool in the fridge while making the turtle layer.
- For the Truffle Layer: Melt caramels according to the package directions. When caramel is hot, add the chocolate chips and stir until combined and the chocolate chips are melted. Quickly stir in the pecans and spread mixture over the peanut butter truffle layer. Cool brownies in the fridge before cutting into squares.