Chocolate Turtle Brownies
These Chocolate Turtle Brownies are rich chocolate brownies with gooey caramel, nuts, and more chocolate. If you need a dessert for a crowd, here you go!
CHOCOLATE TURTLE BROWNIES
About mid-December the stress level of the merry season hits an all-time high. For some reason my stress manifests itself by taking away my voice. I’ve lost my voice the last 3 years.
It hasn’t happened yet this year but if you call me in the next couple of days and can only hear high pitched squeaks on the other side of the line, you’ll know it’s happened again.
Being the procrastinator that I am, I know that I only have a couple of days after TODAY to get my gifts in the mail in order for them to make it on time.
Even my trusty Amazon Prime can’t save me after this weekend.
These decadent Chocolate Turtle Brownies are from my friends the Six Sister’s new cookbook: Sweets & Treats With Six Sisters’ Stuff: 100+ Desserts, Gift Ideas, and Traditions for the Whole Family.
I’ve already bookmarked tons of recipes that I want to make. What I love most about these is that they’re from scratch and use chocolate chips for the chocolate base.
I always have a Costco sized bag of chocolate chips on hand so I can make these anytime I want.
Chocolate brownies can only be made better with gooey caramel, nuts, and hey why not…more chocolate chips.
OTHER CHOCOLATE RECIPES:
- Molten Lava Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Souffle
- Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- S’mores Cake
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Chocolate Turtle Brownies
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 20 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1½ cups chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Stir in eggs, then add in flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla. Stir together well.
- Spread batter into the greased pan, then sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a small bowl for about 1 minute. Stir and then continue to microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until all is melted and smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies.
- Cool brownies before cutting and serving.
I made this recipe but all the chocolate and pecans sunk to the middle with little brownie underneath and the rest of the brownie baked up against the sides. Do you have any recommendations on how to prevent this from happening? Still tasted delicious but wasn’t able to cut it into nice pieces.
Shoot. This did not happen to me so I’m not sure what happened? Toss them with flour?
Do you have any favorite desserts (cookies, cookie bars, mini-cupcakes) that would be appropriate to make for a rather large “cookie” exchange. I guess I am looking for something that can be made ahead and frozen and perhaps something that can be frozen after it is shared? Your desserts look so incredible, but I can use some steering as it will take me a month to decide. ;( Thank you.
Here are a couple that would fit for that occasion: https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2015/09/peanut-butter-cup-cookies.html
Wish I was there!
Hi… This could be very amazing diary and it’s totally useful to province and my all followers. Thanks for sharing this diary. Next time you update any diary to please you content to province that i share my all group’s thanks for sharing this amazing blog. Well keep it up
This is really a very delicious recipe.
However, I wish to get one tip from you… if possible, then could you please suggest what ingredient should I use in place of eggs, as I do not prefer eggs in my food. Please do suggest something apart from the traditional egg-replacer, as that thing is generally not available in my local area.
I would be really obliged to you!
Thanks and regards,
You could use applesauce or mashed bananas but it will change the flavor. Or I saw this online: How to replace eggs?
Whip together in a food processor or blender 1 and half teaspoons powder and 2 tablespoons water. Sometimes 2-3 times as much powder in the same amount of water gives better results.
Read More: http://www.egglesscooking.com/egg-substitutes/
Delicious! Made these for a large family gathering today and they were a huge hit!
Yum! Glad you liked them!
That caramel is too gooey for words!
Irresistible looking brownies!
These look delicious! The caramel and nuts make a great topping for the brownies