Chocolate Turtle Brownies
CHOCOLATE TURTLE BROWNIES
About mid-December the stress level of the merry season hits an all-time high. For some reason my stress manifests itself by taking away my voice. I’ve lost my voice the last 3 years.
It hasn’t happened yet this year but if you call me in the next couple of days and can only hear high pitched squeaks on the other side of the line, you’ll know it’s happened again.
Being the procrastinator that I am, I know that I only have a couple of days after TODAY to get my gifts in the mail in order for them to make it on time.
Even my trusty Amazon Prime can’t save me after this weekend.
These decadent Chocolate Turtle Brownies are from my friends the Six Sister’s new cookbook: Sweets & Treats With Six Sisters’ Stuff: 100+ Desserts, Gift Ideas, and Traditions for the Whole Family.
I’ve already bookmarked tons of recipes that I want to make. What I love most about these is that they’re from scratch and use chocolate chips for the chocolate base.
I always have a Costco sized bag of chocolate chips on hand so I can make these anytime I want.
Chocolate brownies can only be made better with gooey caramel, nuts, and hey why not…more chocolate chips.
OTHER CHOCOLATE RECIPES:
- Molten Lava Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Souffle
- Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- S’mores Cake
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Chocolate Turtle Brownies
These Chocolate Turtle Brownies are rich chocolate brownies with gooey caramel, nuts, and more chocolate. If you need a dessert for a crowd, here you go!
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 20 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1½ cups chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Stir in eggs, then add in flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla. Stir together well.
- Spread batter into the greased pan, then sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a small bowl for about 1 minute. Stir and then continue to microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until all is melted and smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies.
- Cool brownies before cutting and serving.
Source: from the Six Sister's Cookbook