These Chicken Ranch Bacon Taco Boats are crowd pleasers. Everyone in the family will love these tacos for dinner not to mention Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner! Target is giving one of you a $100 gift card to get your own Old El Paso Taco Boats for taco night…and whatever else you want! Whenever I walk out of Target I usually have jammies for my kids, earrings for myself, and groceries for dinner. I love that place! This giveaway is closed!
Let’s break it down. Chicken – check; ranch – check; bacon – check; and tacos – check. So pretty much anything a kid (or adult) would ever want to eat in one taco. I think we have a dinner that everyone will love.
Since I live with five kids (okay they’re mine), I have a test audience built in conveniently to try out new recipes. What do you think the verdict was? Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Fill your Old El Paso Taco Boats with some cooked and cubed chicken that has been tossed with ranch dressing.
Sprinkle them generously with cheddar cheese. I like to place them in the oven to melt the cheese all at one time. If you don’t want to turn on the oven, just heat them in the microwave. And of course some bacon!! Then finish them off with some green onions. Except for the 2-year-old’s taco – you’ll want to leave the green onions off unless you want to hear screaming.
One trick I do is to cook a large batch of chicken at the beginning of the week so that I’m not rushing on weeknights to get dinner on the table.
|Chicken Ranch Bacon Taco Boats|| |
- 1½ lbs. cooked and cubed chicken (about 4 cups)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 Old el Paso Taco Boats Soft flour tortillas
- 1¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until done. Drain on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, ranch dressing, and garlic powder together. Place taco boats on a baking sheet. Divide evenly into the taco boats.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is warm and cheese is melted. If you don’t want to heat your oven, pop them in the microwave!
- Remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon and green onions. Enjoy!
Rotisserie chicken works well here for a quick meal!
I was compensated by Old El Paso for this post. All opinions are my own.