I’ve been making this Artichoke Chicken since college. With only a couple of ingredients, it tastes like artichoke dip on top of chicken. I have a babysitter that is not only great with my kids but she completely cleans my house. Babysitter goldmine, right? I always clean before babysitters come over anyway but no matter how clean I get it, she’ll find a junk drawer to organize or laundry to do. I don’t want her to think I’m a total slob so I try to clean as much as I can before she comes and wash every single piece of laundry I can find – which lasts for about 2 minutes before there’s already dirty laundry with a house full of 7 people.
Remember me, the worst folder ever? She has military grade folding skills. Last time we went out, I was sure that there was nothing she could possibly find to clean or fold and I came home to my game closet organized (she said she couldn’t help herself) and about 10 items of clothing washed and folded – one being a pair of my underwear, folded in a very small tight square. I guess I should get over it and embrace the help. What does all that have to do with this chicken? Nothing. Except that I used to make this 8 years ago when we lived in a tiny apartment with a lot less kids and a lot less to clean. Think of your favorite artichoke dip on top of chicken. It’s delicious. The topping keeps the chicken from getting dry and the ingredients although simple, are delicious. I only made 4 breasts this time so I had leftover topping and stuck it in the oven until bubbly and served it with baguettes. So versatile.
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or use some garlic powder)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (depending how big they are, I had enough for 6)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breast halves and place in the dish.
- In a bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and garlic. Stir together until combined.
- Spread artichoke mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and top starts to slightly brown.