These Fajitas on a Stick are a fun way to serve fajitas. Everyone gets their own skewer!
I love this way of serving fajitas. Everything is more fun served on a stick! They are colorful, tasty, and a great way to entertain.
Start by dicing your onions and bell peppers. The key to making these successful is to make your veggies and your chicken roughly the same size.
Thread your pieces of chicken and onion onto wooden skewers. I always try to put the onion by the chicken because I’ve found that gives the chicken the most flavor.
Grill the fajitas for 4-6 minutes per side. The chicken will not stick when it’s ready to turn.
See how each fajita skewer fits perfectly into a Stand n’ Stuff tortilla?
Top with your favorite fajita toppings and enjoy!
|Fajitas on a Stick|| |
- ½ white onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix (from a 1 oz package)
- Wooden skewers
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ soft tortillas
- Toppings: shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and oil grate. Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- In a medium bowl, add the onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and toss to coat.
- In another medium bowl, add the chicken and remaining tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with lime juice and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix. Toss to coat.
- Assemble the skewers. Thread the onion, bell peppers, and chicken onto the skewers. Use about 4-5 pieces of chicken per skewer placing the peppers and onions in between. I like to place the onion next to the chicken so that it gives it flavor.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink. A tip: The chicken is not ready to turn if it is sticking. It will let go of the grill when it's ready.
- Serve immediately in warmed tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.
I have been compensated by Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.