These Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars are seriously to die for! They taste similar to a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup but with crunchy pretzels too for extra salty crunch. These may be some of my favorite treats I’ve ever made. When cravings hit these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars are sure to satisfy. I’m notorious for getting a craving at 9pm and running to the kitchen to whip something up. I usually have plates of treats at all times sitting in my kitchen because I’m a freak like that. Believe it or not I’ve developed a little self control over the 6 years that I’ve had this blog. And by self control I mean that instead of eating a whole plate of brownies in one sitting, I’ll eat one or two. I know a lot of people talk a big game but those of you who know me know that my love for food is real. Being in the kitchen with food, is my happy place. The before mentioned self control, yep…out the window with these. I couldn’t stop eating them. I even wrapped them tightly in foil and put them in the other room so I would stop thinking about them. If you store them in the fridge they are firm but left out at room temperature they get softer…which is how I like them.
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars|| |
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed finely then measured
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed finely
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In medium bowl combine melted butter, crushed pretzels, crushed Ritz crackers, powdered sugar, and crunchy peanut butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the foil lined baking dish.
- In a small bowl, melt milk chocolate and ¼ cup peanut butter in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stirring in between intervals. Pour over peanut butter cracker mix and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has set before cutting into squares.
Source: Just a Pinch