This Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza is a family friendly recipe that everyone will love. With a special sauce and topped with your favorite cheeseburger fixings, this pizza is sure to be a hit.
One night a week we have a designated family night. Sure we spend plenty, and I mean pleeenty of time together the other nights but on our family night we all know that it’s a night for us to spend together. No electronics, no distractions…just us. Of course when you say pizza is for dinner, there aren’t any complaints. Making our own pizza, even better. While the pizza is baking or after we’ve eaten, we either watch a family movie or their latest obsession, playing Spoons.
I’ve partnered with Pillsbury Pizza Crust for a family friendly pizza idea today. I thought why not make a bacon cheeseburger pizza. It can only be good and I knew my family would go for it.
Some of my friends are sharing their creative pizza ideas today too so make sure to check out these:
Picky Palate – Apple Peanut Butter S’mores Pizza
I Heart Naptime – Roasted Garlic White Pizza
The Baker Mama – Create Your Own Slice Family Pizza Night
Taste and Tell – BBQ Beef Pizza
The sauce on this pizza is a mixture of ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and relish. Wait, wait. Stay with me. I know that sounds odd, but it works. Regular pizza sauce is tomato based so ketchup isn’t that far off. Believe me when I say that the sauce makes it. I’m not a huge pickle lover but relish in the sauce gives that pickle flavor without being overwhelming. Press your Pillsbury pizza crust into a pizza pan. Even though it’s rectangular you can shape the dough into any size you want. Spread on the sauce and layer half of your cheese. Our toppings: bacon, beef, and pickles on top if you like them. Then we add more cheese.
Make sure you Follow Pillsbury on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Pinterest for how-to recipes, videos, and tips and visit the Pillsbury Pizza Site: Www.pillsbury.com/everyday-eats/pizza/everything-you-need-for-family-pizza-night for everything you need for your next pizza night.
I was sponsored by General Mills and Pillsbury Pizza Crust for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
- ½ lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup prepared mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon dill relish
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- (optional) dill pickle slices for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray a pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and onion. Drain. Add the Worcestershire. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, cook the bacon until done. Let it cool and crumble it.
- Press the pizza dough into the pizza pan and prebake the crust for 8 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, add the ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and relish.
- Remove crust from the oven and spread the sauce on evenly. Sprinkle on half of the cheese. Sprinkle on the beef mixture and bacon. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown.
- Top with pickle slices if desired. Slice and serve.