Blueberry Croissant Puff

This Blueberry Croissant Puff is a delicious overnight breakfast dish that everyone will love.

I’ve eaten my weight in chicken noodle soup this week. Being sick is no fun at all. I’m having a hard time kicking it.

But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and am actually craving something that has to be chewed and not slurped.

I had someone email me and ask me if had something against blueberries because there are hardly any blueberry recipes on this site. Nope. Not true at all. I just have a hard time making time and room for every food in my life. It’s a tough problem.

But just in case you do in fact have something against blueberries, any fruit would be fabulous in this. Blueberry Croissant Puff - a delicious overnight breakfast dish that everyone will love. the-girl-who-ate-everything.comHow can you go wrong with cut up buttery croissants, fruit, and a cream cheese milk mixture that is baked until golden brown. The cream cheese is not overpowering at all and this would be perfect for breakfast or even dessert. This could be easily doubled and put in a 9X13 pan.

You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.Blueberry Croissant Puff - a delicious overnight breakfast dish that everyone will love. the-girl-who-ate-everything.comBlueberry Croissant Puff - a delicious overnight breakfast dish that everyone will love. the-girl-who-ate-everything.comBlueberry Croissant Puff - a delicious overnight breakfast dish that everyone will love.

5.0 from 11 reviews
Blueberry Croissant Puff
Serves: 10 servings
  • 3 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5½ cups)
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
  • ⅔ cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup milk
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle with blueberries.
  3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes or soak overnight.
  4. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
  5. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
  6. Variation: Instead of baking in a square pan bake individually. Place croissant pieces evenly in 10 (1/2-cup) ramekins; sprinkle with blueberries and pour cream cheese mixture evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center and golden brown.
This can easily be doubled in a 9X13 pan.

Source: slightly adapted from Kraft

Make sure you’re following The Girl Who Ate Everything for the latest recipes!

Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Speak Your Mind

Rate this recipe:

1. Looks really good … The recipe doesn’t say when to add the fruit, but the picture tutorial shows it.

2. Those three words are music to my ears….looks wonderful! And I love, love blueberries, especially in desserts!

3. I love blueberries and cream cheese. You can’t go wrong with this combo! Thanks for sharing, and I’m glad you’re feeling better! Ick!

4. This simply gorgeous!!!!

5. Get better soon, Christy!!!

This looks fabulous :)

6. Oooh…I’ve made something like this before with french bread, but the croissants sound like a wonderful change. I’m going to try this over the weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

7. What other fruit do you think would work well with this?

8. This looks wonderful!

9. YUM! I love blueberries. I think I’m going to try adding them to a bread and butter pudding soon! x

10. I love blueberries! They are one of my favorite fruits! This looks so good! I hope you get feeling better!

11. Oh does this look wonderful. It should help what ails you. 😉 Keep getting better. These nasty bugs are taking awhile to get rid of this season.

12. Oh goodness, that looks sinfully delicious!

13. OMG its like a blueberry bread pudding! Looks amazing

14. I made this over the weekend and it turned out great! I added some lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture and it was amazing. I’m excited to try this with strawberries as well. Thanks for the great recipe!

15. This looks delicious! Do you think it would reheat well or is it better to make it and eat it right away?

16. Absolutely trying this too.

17. Your desserts look so good, I just found you and am so excited to make the Chocolate Eclair Cake for Easter. Thank You for the delicious recipes, can’t wait to bake more.

18. Yummy Yummy Yummy! I made this tonight. Family loved it. TY :)

19. Made this for our Easter brunch today and it was a huge hit… everyone asked for the recipe! Thanks!

20. Made this for Easter Brunch today, and it got many tasty compliments. I made a couple modifications though since I am not a huge fan of cream cheese or blueberries. I mixed blueberries and raspberries, and instead of eight ounces of cream cheese, I used four ounces, and added two ounces salted butter. Came out to fluffy, soft perfection. Thank you for all your great posts!

21. OH! NOMNOMNOM! I think I’m trying this tonight! For the benefit of my family… of course! lol Thanks for all the delish, family-friendly recipes!

22. I made this but added a blueberry sauce to finish it off.
    One cup of sugar, 2 tbsp. cornstarch and one cup water in a sauce pan. Stir in two teaspoons vanilla extract. Stir constantly until boiling. Cook 3 or 4 minutes, lower heat and add one cup fresh blueberries. Cook until blueberries begin to burst (10 minutes or so), stirring occasionally.

Spoon over Blueberry Puff and enjoy. Add a dollop of whipped cream if desired… yummy.

23. Looks gorgeous. 1 cup of it enough? To pour over 3 croissants?

24. Rachel Hester says:

Do you think you could assemble it the night before and bake in the morning?

25. I would love to make this over for a family vacation this weekend. I noticed you said that you could assemble this the night before, but how would you recommend doing that? Would you completely make it and let it sit in the refrigerator, or would you make the sauce and have everything ready to assemble in the morning? I’m wondering if the sauce is liquid-y enough to not solidify if refrigerated overnight. Does that make sense?

• Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} says:

The sauce is really liquidy so I do not think that it would solidify overnight. I think you could make it the night before.

• Because I didn’t have access to a mixer, I made the liquid the day before we left. I kept it refrigerated and then in the morning put it together, let sit for 20 minutes, and baked as directed. So easy and so DELICIOUS. I will definitely be making this recipe again. Thanks so much!

• I did make it the night before and cooked it for 30 minutes and It was great.

26. Christy, I found yur recipe for Blueberry-Croissant-Puff on I was surprised when I found my comments were being used by them to further interest in your recipe. I would like to share with you and your followers my comments for this “KEEPER” recipe.

“Most people look at this as a dessert, I know I did. After taking this to a family gathering for dessert (Blueberry bread pudding), and having left overs for my parents, My Mother has decided this is the best ever breakfast to start her mornings. I no longer make this as a dessert, I make it for my (Senior) mother to have all week for breakfast. Because she is a diabetic, I substitute the sugar with Splenda.”
    Read more at http://www./Breakfast-Recipes/Blueberry-Croissant-Puff/ml/1#hmfUHtwVhhEMVxGx.99

• What a sweet comment! My daughter is also diabetic (type 1). Good luck with your mom. My daughter isn’t a fan of blueberries so I’m going to substitute raspberries

27. I made this and it’s delicious, I added 1t cinnamon for more flavor. I am going to double it for our next Easter brunch the family is going to love this one Thank you for the recipe!

28. I just pulled this out of the oven, and it looks amazing. My house smells so good!

29. This looks so delicious! Can’t wait to make it. :)

30. Brenda Weatherman says:

Do you think it would be OK to mix the cream ingredients night before?

31. Made this last week. Like a blueberry bread pudding. Very delicate and good!

32. Yummee… made this last night and added some lemon zest. Gave it a nice zing…. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!!

33. Has anyone tried using regular sliced bread? Looks very yummy!!!

34. Can you make this the evening before you does it need to be served immediately after making. Looking to save time and make this evening and serve tomorrow.

35. Made this for Christmas brunch and I expected it to be good….but it was flat out AMAZING. My guests were super impressed and I didn’t tell them it was super easy. This one is definitely a keeper!

36. Okay, with a giant case of the PMS blues, I wonder if you could do make this recipe with chocolate instead of blueberries?? Maybe chocolate chips?

Please, please, please tell my the PMS beast yes. :)

37. This looks so delicious, I’m definitely going to have to try this recipe! But can I ask a really random question? Where did you get your silverware? I love it!

38. I was able to make this delicious receipt. I absolutely love it. Although I had to make a change in the receipt. My son had ate all the blueberries so I had to put strawberries instead. I would definitely do this receipt again, this time hopefully with blueberries.

39. This look GOOD!! Just wondering, can the bread be fresh or should it be stale?

40. I was SO excited to have my sister send me this recipe she found on Pinterest…ahhhmazing! I made it for my husband and needless to say, it was gone that evening.

Thank you for the great idea and I can’t wait to try more of your tasty recipes since I too feel that I am a girl who eats everything!

Strive to thrive,

41. I made this for dessert tonight and it was a hit with the whole fam! Only things I did differently- used 4 croissants and 12 oz. of blueberries. Think I might add some lemon juice/zest next time I make it :) Great recipe! Thanks!

42. I’ve got this in the fridge for tomorrow morning! I used raspberries, mini chocolate chips, and dark chocolate chips.

43. Do you think you could do these in a muffin tin for the individuals as well?

44. My first attempt is at the waiting stage before it goes into the oven, and it already looks really delicious! I can’t wait to taste it!

45. I just made this for Mother’s day brunch. So super easy and everyone loved it.

46. can you let it set over night in the fridge before baking it. It would be a lovely Easter morning or Christmas morning breakfast and easy if you could do it that way.

47. cant wait to Try these on my friends for SUPERBOWL Party !!…..GO 49er’s !!!!!

48. What an amazing recipe, this is something I have been looking for (in the back of my mind) for the longest time. Easy enough to make and looks delicious. Making this for my mother-in-law welcoming home next week! thanks :)

49. Could you make this but just using good italian bread from a bakery? I really want to make this tomorrow but don’t have any croissants and I live in the middle of nowhere, which makes grocery shopping a twice-a-month-only thing.

50. I have seen turnovers similar, but with cream cheese in “globs”. How could I do that here? Just a
    Pinch of cream cheese or would inhave to do something to thin it out?

Can’t wait to try.

51. Has anyone tried this in a crock pot?

52. I love how the cream cheese in this is more of a suace and not chuncs like I’ve seen in ohters. Excited to try this next week for my guests!

53. I just made this for my family, can I say LOVE???! It was so tasty. I did make a change however, we are not much of a cream cheese family so I subbed Greek yogurt and also agave for the sugar. Because these both are a little thinner in consistency I used a little less almond milk. It turned out fantastic!! Thanks for the great idea 😉 HAPPY EATING!!

54. I found this on Pinterest while looking up brunch ideas for a women’s bible study tomorrow. I wanted to try it for my family first (practice). It tastes really good…but it is somewhat mushy, like a breakfast casserole or bread pudding. I mean, it is still good and my Mom likes it, but I wasn’t sure if this is the consistency it’s supposed to have or if I need to cook it longer tomorrow. I baked it for 35 mins @ 350. Thanks for the recipe!!

• Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} says:

It does have a bread pudding consistency but you can cook it longer if you want so it’s not mushy.

55. Looks yummy! If you are using frozen blueberries do you add frozen our thawed?

56. Hi, what do you believe is the best way to store this? And for how long do you think it’ll last?

57. it doesn’t say what do you do if you have some left over?

58. Carmen Rendon says:

Umm, delicioso, simple y facil de hacer.

59. Do you think it would work to sit overnight and bake in the morning, or would it get too soggy?

60. Can this be made and refrigerated over night for baking in the morning?

61. Has anyone tried to make a Gluten Free version of this? Wondering if it would still bake the same?

62. I plan on making this for Christmas morning, and I normally
    Buy the croissants from like Kroger bakery. Are 3
    Of those enough? I don’t think that will equal 5.5 cups broken up. Thanks!

63. I made this to bring to my office and had to make a bunch of copies of the recipe to set next to the pan because I got so many requests. Simple and wonderful!

64. This looks so good! I’m making it as one of my Christmas brunch dishes tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe :)

65. Melody Gardner says:

Made the Blueberry Croissant Puff and you get a wow from me! This is a great recipe for a crowd on New Year’s morning. I will be making it again, and maybe with different fruit.

66. Half a teaspoon of almond extract takes it over the top! Try it.

• Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} says:

Thanks for the tip!

• Did you make a single recipe or double? Asking because I’m about to make a double recipe and want to know whether to add a half teaspoon or a full teaspoon. Making in about a half hour, hopefully you’ll see this in time!!! Also, does anyone know, do you need to spray (with Pam) or flour the bottom/sides of the dish before adding the croissants? I’m assuming no, since no one complained about them sticking, but just want to make sure!!! Thanks!

67. Those of you adding lemon extract, how much did you add (and was it for a single recipe or double? I am getting ready to make a double and want to add either the lemon extract or almond, but I don’t know how much of either to use. If someone can answer this ASAP, I’ll use whoever answers first!!! Thanks!

68. These were so amazing! Doubled the recipe and it was perfect for breakfast!

69. I made this Christmas morning. I didn’t realize I had used all my granulated sugar so I substituted powdered sugar. Delicious! Kind of like a blueberry cheese danish. Making it for valentine’s this morning. Thanks.

70. I used unsweeted plain almond milk instead of regular milk. I usually am nervous doing this but ummm this is amazing. I am still stunned how amazing it turned out. Thank you!

71. Can’t wait to try it. St Patty’s day seems a good time.

72. looks really great
    health in your hand

73. i added a drop or two of almond extract to the sauce. I love blueberries and almond flavor. Just added that touch. Sprinkled a little cinnamon on top befor I added the sauce. Then sprinkles a little sugar crystals. Oh yum! So good!

74. So delicious! I can’t wait to make it for my man!

75. Making thus for the 3rd time this morning. It’s fast becoming one of our favorite brunch items! Serving with mimosas!

76. Any suggestions on what to substitute the croissants with that would make it more WW friendly?? Thx

77. This is ahhhmazing!! Thank you for sharing!

78. Does the pan need to be greased/sprayed with cooking oil ahead of time? Will the recipe stick to the ban after baking?

79. Did you bake the croissants from dough before cutting them or use pre-made ones?

80. I have made this recipe using red raspberries instead of blueberries. Absolutely delicious.
    I have made it 3 different times and have a request for one more. Thank you so much.
    It does not get soggy. Texture is just right.

81. I’m looking to make this but double the batch. Will cooking time be affected?
    Thanks so much ladies!

82. Wondering if yogurt would work in place of the cream cheese…?

• It won’t be as creamy but I think it would work.

• I’m a college student, and every Monday, me and my friends do a meatless Monday dinner and game night. I made minestrone, and I’m using this as a dessert. It’s setting in the fridge as of now :)
        Thanks for the wonderful dessert idea and the inspiration!

Much appreciated :)
        I’m sure my friends will agree

83. I tried this recipe and it was delicious!! I have made it twice and every time my company and my husband loved it. I used blueberries one time and raspberries another time. Great each time and very pretty with the powdered sugar on top! No left overs!! I’m actually making it again for company on Sunday morning again…..

84. Eleanor Diehl says:

So very yummy I make it sometimes with fresh raspberries !!

85. Made this tonight for dessert because I couldn’t wait until morning and any recipe with one of the main ingredients being croissants is bound to be fabulous. It did not disappoint, this was amazing! I added some lemon zest to the milk mixture and it was heaven! Definitely a make again!! Thanks for the recipe!

86. I made this for dessert tonight because I couldn’t wait until morning and let’s face it any recipe with croissants as one of the main ingredients it bound to be fabulous. It did not disappoint and was amazing! I added some lemon zest to the milk mixture and it was heaven! I will definitely be making this again. Thank for the recipe!!

87. I’ve had this pinned to my “Recipes To Try” Pinterest board for a few months, and decided that Mother’s Day was the perfect time to try it out! After reading through the comments I opted to assemble it the night before, and then bake it this morning. I was worried it might be soggy, but after sitting in the fridge for about 12 hours, I baked it for 40 minutes and it was PERFECT!! My family gobbled up the entire thing :) I’m definitely putting this into rotation for special days like today.
    here’s a pic of how mine turned out:

88. Delicious! I made these for mothers day to much appreciation. I baked about 50 minutes, just long enough for the tips of the bread to brown, and then microwaved at the party. Add powdered sugar on top, and ta da! None of that soggy bread taste others mentioned.

89. Looks yummy! Has anyone tried freezing this ?

90. Can you use granulated Splenda Instead of sugar?

91. Hullo, Christy! I absolutely adore this recipe and I’m hoping to make it for a trip. I was wondering- if I keep it refrigerated, how long will it keep? Can I make it one morning and eat the leftovers (should there be any) the next? Thanks!

92. This looks so easy, and so good! Great for a brunch pot luck.

93. Did anyone have trouble getting the cream cheese to mix? I mixed it forever and still have little cream cheese chunks in it! I used the Philadelphia 1/3 fat version, if that helps anything.

94. The first line in this article says it’s a perfect overnight breakfast, however in the actual recipe it doesn’t say anything about how that would work overnight. How would one do this overnight?

95. This was wonderfully easy and delicious. I put it together the night before, stuck it in the fridge then baked it the next morning. I will have to say it took an hour to bake. I will be fixing this for our big family Thanksgiving weekend in the mountains using my brother’s fresh blueberries that I froze just for this recipe.

96. This dish is fabulous. I made it for a workplace breakfast and everyone wanted the recipe!

97. Wow! It was so delicious! Thank you for this wonderful dessert!

98. Has anyone made this without the eggs? We have allergies and I would love to hear any ideas for substitutions. Thank you!

99. Do you bake the crescents first or put them in raw and it cooks with the rest?

100. This recipe looks fabulous. And I read whole reviews. :)
    I am planning to prepare this for my in-laws visits but i have to say that i am not a good baker or cooker.
    I have a question about croissan after reading whole review. Do you use dough(cresent brand) or already cooked croissant? I thought cooked one looking at the picture but one of your answer(right before me) says raw. I am confused now.

101. Loved this! Felt like we were having dessert for breakfast. I halved the sugar and dumped some extra blueberries and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing.

102. The only thing I substituted was almond extract instead of vanilla. I’m making this a 3rd time with strawberries and blueberries. It is pretty amazing. I do sprinkle a little powdered sugar on the berries, and do put it in the fridge overnight.

Thanks for the recipe, it is a big hit with family and friends!

103. This is a superb, easy and absolutely failsafe recipe that has made its way into both my family and catering repertoires. Have yet to find anyone who doesn’t love it and have been asked for the recipe many times :)

104. I wonder has anyone tried making this in the crockpot? I’ve seen several breakfast type recipes for crock pots and wondered how this would fare.

105. Made this for company and it was fantastic!

106. Delish!!!

107. I accidentally poured the milk in with other ingredients before beating them first. It came out with the cream cheese kind of chunky. Do you think this will still turn out okay?

108. What can I use instead if eggs

109. Do you think you can add a little bit of blueberry pie filling to the liquid mixture?