Lemon Blueberry Trifle
LEMON BLUEBERRY TRIFLE
I’m so excited to share this Lemon Blueberry Trifle recipe with you today. As we start summer I’m excited for relaxed schedules and lounging by the pool.
One of my favorite parts of this time of year is the fresh seasonal fruit that is just begging to be eaten. I had a huge carton of blueberries just waiting to be used in this decadent Lemon Blueberry Trifle.
This Lemon Blueberry Trifle has layers of angel food cake, creamy lemon filling and fresh blueberries. There’s something magical when lemon and blueberry get together. It was a marriage meant to be.
The lemon filling is made by whisking your lemon pudding mix and cold milk together.
It’s really important to use a quality whole milk when you’re making desserts especially when milk is one of the main ingredients like in this recipe so that you get that indulgent taste.
I’ve been known to add a splash of milk into our marinara sauce or other dinners for a little extra creaminess.
My family sees a lot of food come out of my kitchen and they were racing for seconds of this Lemon Blueberry Trifle.
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES:
- Lemon Lush
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Crescent Ring
- Blueberry Custard Pie
- Lemon Brownies
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups Promised Land Dairy Whole Milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (14 ounce) angel food cakes, cubed
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- Lemon zest and lemon slices for garnish
- For the Whipped Cream: Place cream and sugar in a chilled mixing bowl and mix on high for 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat for an additional 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks have formed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the pudding mix and whole milk. Beat for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add the cream cheese and beat until mixed in. Fold in half of the prepared whipped cream. Save the other half to top before serving.
- In a trifle dish, layer 1/3 of the angel food cake cubes, 1/3 of the pudding mixture, and 1/3 of the blueberries. Repeat layers twice.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or until fully chilled before serving. Top with reserved whipped cream, additional blueberries, lemon slices, and lemon zest before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g