This Killer Artichoke Bread is artichoke dip in bread form. I think this bread solidifies that I am in fact a carbaholic.
I love bread and it loves me. But our love affair has to end. It’s just not a healthy relationship for either of us. It’s always calling to me. Come eat me. Come lather some butter on me. Toast me and dip me in warm soup. It’s a bit one sided and frankly I’m feeling smothered.
I’ve told myself we’re going to break up soon. But before we do, we had one last hurrah. A cheesy, artichoke laden farewell.
I halved the recipe thinking that there was no way my family could eat even half. So wrong. This is definitely an easy, inexpensive appetizer for a crowd.
|Killer Artichoke Bread|| |
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained well and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 French bread loaf (about 12 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to BROIL.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the artichoke hearts, Mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and sour cream to the skillet and stir to blend. When completely combined remove from the heat.
- Slice the bread lengthwise. Spoon the artichoke mixture evenly onto the bread. Broil for about 4-7 minutes or until cheese has melted an bread is hot. Do not walk away. Watch the bread closely or it could burn.