I always have mixed emotions on Mother’s Day. It’s a beautiful day to celebrate and recognize all that moms do. I’m so grateful to be a mother but always feel like there’s room for improvement on my part. My own mother is amazing and I can only hope to be half the mom she is.
After we did a little BTR (build-the-relationship), I couldn’t bring myself to cook them. I made my husband do it.
Mother Nature was celebrating Mother’s Day too. These baby birds just hatched in our Bougainvillea. Every time I peek my head in they open their mouths for food.
The best part about the day was that my husband cooked dinner. Steaks, crab cakes, potatoes au gratin, and these cheesecake stuffed strawberries that I’ve seen all over Pinterest. Our strawberries were the size of small apples! In case you want the recipe…it’s below.
- 1 lb large strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ - ½ cup powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some of them are hollow already. Prep all of the strawberries and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill the strawberries with cheesecake mixture.
- Once strawberries are filled, sprinkle or dip the tops with graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.