This Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake has a layer of cheesecake topped with a layer of pumpkin cheesecake in a graham cracker crust.
|Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake|| |
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup homemade whipped cream (or frozen whipped cream, thawed if you are in a crunch)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Don't worry if there are a couple of cracks; when you refrigerate it they will close up. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping before serving.