Pizza Rolls – your favorite pizza toppings rolled up in dough and dipped in pizza sauce.
I’m in full kid mode over here. My husband is in training camp, which means he eats with the team, not with us. So I’m cooking for three little boys who are more impressed by hot dogs than something fancy like chicken Marsala.
These pizza rolls fit the bill perfectly. Remember those stuffed pizza rolls I made…while those are still good…these take even less work. Score for me.
|Pizza Rolls|| |
- Pizza Dough (I bought fresh dough from the bakery or make her dough here)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or pepperjack)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide pizza dough in half. Roll each half into a rectangle, about ¼ inch thick and 12 inches long. Just think about the size of a piece of paper. Sprinkle each half with equal amounts of garlic salt, basil, cheeses and pepperoni. Starting at a short end, roll dough up tightly to form a log. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- Her recipe for dough makes enough dough for 2 pizzas. So if you just have one batch of dough half the recipe toppings. Makes 12 pizza rolls.