After dinner tonight I went to the fridge to taste them for a second time and all that was left was a plate with crumbs on it so it must have been a hit with the whole family.
|Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies and other holiday favorites|| |
- 1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan. I do this all the time when I make brownies and bars)
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, pouch of chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator. (I take it out or the fridge about 15 minutes before serving. This allows the chocolate on top to soften a little)