I first tasted this Pepperoni Pizza Twist back in college at one of those Pampered Chef parties and had to get the recipe. It’s simple but has great flavor. I always stuff more pepperoni than is called for because my family likes it that way. It’s hearty enough to be dinner but the way we roll it’s usually an appetizer!
|Pepperoni Pizza Twist|| |
- 1 package (3.5 oz) pepperoni, diced
- 1 can (3.25 oz) sliced olives, drained
- 2 Tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (11 oz) refrigerated French Bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Parmesan
- 1 can (15 oz) pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine pepperoni, olives, parsley, mozzarella cheese, flour, and garlic. Place breaddough seam sides up, cut lengthwise, open up and sprinkle with a little flour to keep from sticking. Roll and create a well to put in filling. Spoon mixture in well. Gather up edges and seal. Leave opening in the center of the twist. Brush egg white and seasonings on twist. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Bake 30 minutes. Slice and serve. Dip slices in pizza sauce.