I wanted to try the Cheddar Bay biscuits I found on allrecipes which are supposed to be just like those addicting biscuits at Red Lobster but I didn’t have any Bisquick so…I found these babies instead on the Pioneer Woman’s website that were very similar. Everything I have made from her website has been delicious so I knew I couldn’t miss. I still added the melted butter glaze from the Cheddar Bay biscuit recipe because that’s how I roll but if you are trying to have less rolls on your belly you could leave it off. I’m nine months pregnant so WHY NOT have some butter, RIGHT?!
|Cheese Muffins|| |
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) melted butter (I used salted)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon dried parsley
- For the muffins: Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Make sure they are cooked all the way and not doughy. Best when eaten warm!
- For the Butter Glaze: Combine ingredients and brush it over the warm rolls with a pastry brush. I only needed about ¼ of the butter mixture the recipe made for my rolls.