Not all banana breads are created equal. This banana bread is so moist and topped with chocolate chips.Banana bread has a reputation of being so dry that your mouth is begging for some milk. Not this banana bread. This has a few secret ingredients that make the bread so moist. Check it out. This is a family favorite and every time I make it, people beg for the recipe. It’s the BEST banana bread.
You can make this with all mashed bananas but the secret to really moist bread is to replace one cup of the bananas with some crushed pineapple and applesauce. Trust me!
Just like with other breads, this is even better the next day. The banana flavor soaks in and it gets even more moist. I am not trying to set a record for saying moist the most amount of times and people who are freaked out by that word – I’m sorry!
|Not Your Ordinary Banana Bread|| |
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinammon
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 (11 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter, eggs, brown sugar, bananas, applesauce and crushed pineapple with a mixer. Add baking soda, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and flour. Mix well.
- Pour into 3 medium bread pans ( I like to use disposable foil pans - size 8"x4") and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the batter. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Do not overbake!