Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
Thank you Crystal from Dangerously Delicious for sharing these Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders!
Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders, a famous open-faced sandwich served at the Brown Hotel in Kentucky has now been turned into a slider! No need to wait for the Kentucky Derby to serve these babies. They’re the perfect breakfast sandwich, brunch entree, appetizer or party platter.
Hi, I’m Crystal from Dangerously Delicious sharing these Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders with you today.
I must warn you, these sandwiches are INCREDIBLE! I tried them out at a birthday get-together for my friend Shea and they were a total hit, to say the least.
If you decide to double the recipe, you could easily get 24 sandwiches out of the original cheese recipe.
I had plenty left over. You’ll want to make sure you pop them in the oven right before serving. Have fun eating these!
To start, pop your bacon into the oven on a tin foil lined baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, flip and bake until crispy. Approximately another 5 minutes.
While you’re cooking the bacon, mix your Gouda, Sharp Cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, pimentos, red chili flakes, salt and pepper together to make the pimento cheese spread.
Slice Hawaiian rolls in half and spread cheese onto bottom.
Place 2 pieces of Smoked Honey Turkey on each slice of bread. (I used Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh)
Break each slice of bacon in half and place on top of turkey.
Top bacon with thin slice of fresh tomato.
On stove top, melt 3 T butter and add 2 T grated Parmesan, 1 tsp minced onion and 1 tsp dried parsley. Spread all of butter mixture on top of each sandwich bun.
Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes or until sandwiches are golden.
Sprinkle with additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish and serve hot.
Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz jar pimentos, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Smoked Honey Turkey, I used Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh
- fresh tomato, 12 slices
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- 12 Original Sweet Hawaiian Rolls
- Cook bacon on foil-lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for approx 5 more minutes or until crispy. Place on paper towel and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, prepare pimento cheese spread by mixing Gouda, Cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, pimentos, chili flakes, salt and pepper together.
- Slice Original Sweet Hawaiian rolls in half. Spread pimento cheese on bottom bun. Top with 2 slices of turkey, bacon and then a slice of tomato. Cover with top of bun.
- On stove top, melt butter and add grated Parmesan Cheese, minced onion and dried parsley. Spread butter mixture on top of each sandwich.
- Cover sliders with tin foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, Remove foil and continue to bake another 5-10 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Garnish with additional freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Serve hot.