This Shrimpcargot is a mushroom topped with a cheese covered shrimp. This fancy appetizer will impress anyone.
My husband hinted last week that he had a special dinner planned for the upcoming Sunday. Part of me wanted to play dumb so that I could possibly have dinner cooked for me two Sundays in a row. You see Mother’s Day isn’t actually until this Sunday.
My husband spoils me on Mother’s Day. He makes steak, crab, and usually a dessert that I’ve picked out. Any suggestions? Not that I don’t have a whole board of desserts I want to eat already pinned on Pinterest, but hey…I like to have options.
The clever name of this appetizer comes from a twist on escargot. Don’t like snails? Yeah. Me either. But mushrooms, shrimp, garlic, and cheese? Yeah. That I can do.
cooking in the oven.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 peeled and deveined medium/large shrimp
- 8 large button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet face down and bake for 10-12 minutes. You can also use an oven safe wire rack to place them on or directly on the pan. You want to put them face down so that the juice that is released comes out and isn't left inside.
- While mushrooms are cooking, start the shrimp. In a skillet, melt the butter and garlic over low heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes. You want the shrimp to be barely pink.The shrimp will continue to cook in the oven. Stir in the parsley.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and place face up. Add a little cheese inside each mushroom and top each with a shrimp. Drizzle the butter sauce from the pan on top of each shrimp and top with additional cheese.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Oh and as far as desserts go, these were completely and utterly amazing (and perhaps on the easier side for hubs! 🙂
Those look divine!!!
I am so making my husband make me this for Mother’s Day! Thank you for the idea!
You deserve to be spoiled! I hope you’ll share what you end up picking! 🙂 Here are two suggestions: Outrageous Eskimo Bars (http://www.melskitchencafe.com/outrageous-eskimo-bars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+melskitchencafe/NvNP+Mel%27s+Kitchen+Cafe) and Carmelitas (http://luluthebaker.com/?s=carmelitas)
Ooh! I love anything from mel and I love Carmelitas…Thanks!
I love that the mushroom is a delicious vessel for the garlicky shrimp!
Oh my word, these look absolutely amazing.
Wow!,! I am one who likes escargot!! But, these sound fabulous!!!
Yummy! Looks really nice!