Pesto Mushroom Chicken
Pesto Mushroom Chicken is breaded in buttery breadcrumbs and topped with pesto, mushrooms, and provolone cheese. So impressive and so easy, this easy Chicken dish is a winner!
PESTO MUSHROOM CHICKEN
It’s Wednesday and cooking is completely beyond me at the moment. Impeccable timing. My husband just texted me saying he was bringing home dinner.
Woo-hoo! As much as I love cooking, I love not cooking…if that makes any sense at all.
But say your husband isn’t bringing home dinner tonight? I’ve had this Pesto Mushroom Chicken in my back pocket for a while. It’s seriously restaurant quality.
Often my husband’s work feeds him dinner so when he comes home he’s never hungry. On such a night he came home and we were eating this. Even though he already ate, he devoured it.
Only a few simple ingredients. Butter, breadcrumbs, pesto (make your own if you want), mushrooms, and provolone. The flavors together are on point.
You want to bake the chicken until the cheese starts getting these beautiful brown spots on top and the cheese starts melting into the chicken itself.
You can serve it over a little pasta tossed with some pesto or even marinara. Enjoy!
WHAT KIND OF MUSHROOMS SHOULD I USE?
I like to use white button mushrooms or Cremini Mushrooms but any kind of mushroom will do.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Pesto Chicken Pillows
- Pesto Bruschetta Chicken
- Bruschetta Pesto Chicken Casserole
- Pesto Ravioli with Chicken
Pesto Mushroom Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin if thick
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs, (or regular)
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brush chicken with butter and coat completely with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking heat olive oil in a skillet and sautee mushrooms until they give up their juice.
- After 20 minutes of baking, spoon pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts and top with mushrooms.
- Cover each breast with a slice of provolone cheese and bake in the oven for an additional 10-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with a side of pasta tossed in additional pesto if desired.