Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes
These Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes are creamy mashed potatoes loaded with cheese, bacon, and crispy jalapenos.
These Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes will take your Friendsgiving to the next level.
This post was brought to you by the makers of French’s. I received compensation for this video through the Friendsgiving with French’s program. All opinions expressed are my own.
JALAPENO POPPER MASHED POTATOES
It’s almost time to celebrate Thanksgiving and I’ve already started brainstorming what recipes I’m going to make for the big day.
We haven’t been able to live by family for the last thirteen years so every year we have Friendsgiving with our closest friends. Don’t they say, friends are the family you choose? I agree with that saying with all of my heart. Food is very personal to me so if I’m choosing to spend one of the biggest food holidays of the year with you, that says a lot about our relationship.
Usually when we’re trying to plan the menu for our Friendsgivings together, I always ask everyone to bring the dish that they cannot live without at Thanksgiving. If you have to have your mom’s cherry cheese pie (ahem, me) or it doesn’t feel like Thanksgiving, by all means…bring it!
After we have all of the traditional dishes down, it’s time to have a little fun. I like to steal from the old wedding traditions. We must have something old and something new. We’ll leave the something blue alone.
Enter in these Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes. These are slightly more edgy than your average potatoes.
These are the cool uncle with a motorcycle that comes to Thanksgiving dinner if you know what I mean. Mashed potatoes loaded with cream cheese, bacon, crispy jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
Not just any jalapenos. These are French’s Crispy Jalapenos. They’re spicy, crunchy, and made with real jalapenos.
I stirred in half of the French’s Crispy Jalapenos into the creamy mashed potato mixture to give the potatoes the perfect amount of heat.
The other half I sprinkled on top for the last couple minutes of baking to give the potatoes a nice crunch!
The best part about these is that you can make them ahead of time and reheat right before serving.
If you love these Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes, you’ll love these potato recipes:
Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes about 5-6 large potatoes
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups French’s Crispy Jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel, quarter, and boil potatoes in a large pot for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and garlic salt. Beat with a mixture until creamy.
- Fold in half of the bacon, cheese, and jalapenos.
- Spoon mixture into the baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar and bacon. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of jalapenos on top. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and jalapenos are crispy.