Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes
Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes are creamy mashed potatoes loaded with cheese, bacon, and crispy jalapenos. This side dish will take your Thanksgiving to the next level.
JALAPENO POPPER MASHED POTATOES
It’s almost time to celebrate Thanksgiving and I’ve already started brainstorming what recipes I’m going to make for the big day.
We haven’t been able to live by family for the last thirteen years so every year we have Friendsgiving with our closest friends. Don’t they say, friends are the family you choose? I agree with that saying with all of my heart. Food is very personal to me so if I’m choosing to spend one of the biggest food holidays of the year with you, that says a lot about our relationship.
Usually when we’re trying to plan the menu for our Friendsgivings together, I always ask everyone to bring the dish that they cannot live without at Thanksgiving. If you have to have your mom’s cherry cheese pie (ahem, me) or it doesn’t feel like Thanksgiving, by all means…bring it!
After we have all of the traditional dishes down, it’s time to have a little fun. I like to steal from the old wedding traditions. We must have something old and something new. We’ll leave the something blue alone.
Enter in these Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes. These are slightly more edgy than your average potatoes.
These are the cool uncle with a motorcycle that comes to Thanksgiving dinner if you know what I mean. Mashed potatoes loaded with cream cheese, bacon, crispy jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
I stirred in half of the French’s Crispy Jalapenos into the creamy mashed potato mixture to give the potatoes the perfect amount of heat.
The other half I sprinkled on top for the last couple minutes of baking to give the potatoes a nice crunch!
The best part about these is that you can make them ahead of time and reheat right before serving.
OTHER POTATO RECIPES:
- Funeral Potatoes
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
- Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole
Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes, about 5-6 large potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups French’s Crispy Jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel, quarter, and boil potatoes in a large pot for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and garlic salt. Beat with a mixture until creamy.
- Fold in half of the bacon, cheese, and jalapenos.
- Spoon mixture into the baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar and bacon. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of jalapenos on top. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and jalapenos are crispy.
Where is the nutritional info? I need to know about calories, carbs, sugars, etc. I am never able to find you to get back for any replies so PLEASE someone email me the info to [email protected] or even text it to me at 478-463-5534 Please.
Two cups of the jalapenos? They only come in 5 oz packages so I’d need more than 3 packages?
Actually because it’s dry ounces and light you don’t need 3 packages. Same reason a 12 ounce bag of chips is about 4 cups not 1 1/2. One package should be enough.
Yes! Brilliant idea! I love adding spice to particularly rich things like mashed potatoes — the spice cuts through it like butter! Can’t wait to try this!
Hope you love it!
Can’t wait to try this for Thanksgiving. I will report back and let you know how everyone liked them
Looks so delicious!
wow! This looks unique. I like this but hope I won’t gain many calories with this.
Sorry. Can’t promise anything.
So simple and creative , I will share this post, so my wife sees it .
Senar Gitar Yang Bagus
Love it ! So simple and easy and so great and creative ! Thank you so much for sharing !
Ooh. Thank you!
Yum! What a fun idea!
Haha. Thank you!
hey girl- this looks amazing!
When to passionate food loves of mine become one? Yes please!