OTHER COOKIE RECIPES
- No-Bake Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- S’mores Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Maple Shortbread Cookies
These Homemade Oreos are devil's food cake sandwich cookies with a cream cheese frosting inside.
- 2 boxes Devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil with a mixer. The batter will be very stiff. Pinch of pieces of batter and roll into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly with fingertips. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Remove immediately from the cookie sheets with a spatula and cool on a wire rack.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter until completely blended. Gradually add in the sugar and vanilla and mix until the icing is smooth. Spread half of the cookies with icing and top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or resealable plastic bags. Makes 2 dozen oreos.
Source: Paula Deen