Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta
Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta is one of my favorite Italian dinners to make for my family! The spicy sausage, garlic, tomatoes, cream, and basil may be simple ingredients but they blend together so well in this pasta dinner.
CREAMY SAUSAGE AND TOMATO PASTA
I’ve lost my mojo. I got pulled over today for speeding. I haven’t gotten a ticket in probably 9 years.
I was kind of surprised that I got pulled over because usually the police here are too busy chasing a person that’s going 50 miles over the speed limit or trying to catch the murder suspect in the car up ahead. Yes folks…welcome to Florida.
- Italian Sausage – A little spicy but not too much. Gives it great flavor.
- White onion – adds some bite.
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce – amps up the tomato flavor.
- Cream – gives it the creamy consistency.
OTHER PASTA RECIPES:
- One-Pot Bacon Broccoli Pasta
- Creamy Sausage and Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Rigatoni
- Baked Spaghetti
- One-Pot Broccoli and Sausage Pasta
- The Best Baked Ziti
- Monterey Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces penne pasta, (get a 16 ounce box and use 3/4 of it)
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (ground beef can be used as well)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce can) Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce can) tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5-6 big leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- grated Parmesan and basil for topping
- Cook the pasta in salted water al dente, according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the sausage.
- Add the onions and garlic to the sausage and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the entire can of diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce and heat through.
- Pour in the cream and heat through. The longer you cook the sauce the thicker it will get so simmer it until it is the consistency you want.
- Add the fresh basil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Finally, mix the sausage sauce with the pasta and serve. Top each serving with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and basil. Serve with crusty garlic bread.
I used spicy turkey Italian sausage; I really think a spicy sausage adds a lot of flavor.
Source: Wylie Tidwell
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g