Southwest Burger: Dad Food
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck or ground sirloin (turkey burger is good too)
- 1 1/2 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce , cut up
- 1 1/2 T adobo sauce (from the chipotle chili can)
- 1/4 cup grated onion (I just minced mine with my food chopper)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp adobo sauce (from the canned chipotle chilis)
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 4-6 good quality buns
- 1 to mato , sliced
- 1-2 avocados , sliced
- optional: jack , cotija, or queso fresco cheese (or your favorite sliced cheese)
- To make the mayo, just put ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Place in the fridge until ready to use. You can also make this ahead of time.
- Gently crumble meat into a bowl. Add the other ingredients and gently work together. They give a great tip that if you overwork it, the meat gets a gross texture, so just mix until it is worked through.
- Then divide into 4 patties (or 6 small patties) and place on your preferred cooking surface, be it grill, indoor grill, or skillet.
- In the last few minutes of grilling, add your cheese. When done, remove from grill and let cool for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast your buns and lather the prepared mayo on both sides. Then place burger on bun, add avocado, tomato, and lettuce and eat away into bliss!
Source: Our Best Bites