Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookie Barso
My friend Janessa stopped by a few days ago with a whole platter of Christmas treats. If you want to make me happy, that is definitely the way. Making treats for my own neighbors and friends is a tradition I do every year. I’ve found that the sugar cookies are always popular and always the first to go.
As much as I love sugar cookies, I hate rolling those suckers out. These Hershey’s Candy Cane Kiss Cookie Bars have little specks of white chocolate and peppermint candy cane kisses throughout and are topped with a cream cheese frosting.
Once again all of my friends have stepped up their game with some gorgeous treats. We have treats using Hershey’s Kisses Chocolate and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups which are two of my absolute favorites.
I’m sure finding a helper to unwrap all of those kisses won’t be a problem.
Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped Hershey's candy cane kisses, about 45 kisses
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- optional finely chopped Hershey's candy cane kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.
- For the bars: In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped Hershey kisses.
- Press dough into the baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to have a touch of golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the bars cool in the pan.
- For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until creamy. The mixture may seem dry at first but will become creamy after being beat for a while. Add a tablespoon of milk at a time until the frosting reaches the consistency you desire. Frost cooled bars. Sprinkle with additional chopped candy cane kisses.
Don’t forget to check out these other treats: