These bakery style cookies are full of chocolate chips and coconut. They have a crisp outside with a soft and chewy inside. You can dip them in white candy coating or leave them plain.
Before my husband was my husband, he and his friends used to have what they called the “Dip Test” for the girls they were dating. Basically if a girl goes swimming and comes up out of the water looking like something out of a horror movie than she did not pass the Dip Test. Natural was better than 1-inch thick slathered on makeup. I met my husband at the pool without any makeup on so I guess I passed the Dip Test. Now…I’m not sure I would pass. I need a little more help these days with makeup to cover under eye circles and all that fun stuff that age and kids will do to you.
These Jumbo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies have that bakery style look and texture. They have a slightly crisp outside with and soft and chewy inside full of chocolate chips and coconut. And they pass the Dip Test. These are great all by themselves and dipped in a white candy coating to make them even fancier. I’ve noticed at the holiday parties I’ve gone to lately that with all of the cute holiday food, all people really want is chocolate chip cookie. They’re the first to go. They’re safe. They’re hard to screw up. They’re predictable. That’s why I love these. Chocolate chip cookies that can be dressed up with some white chocolate and sprinkles but are still the chocolate chip cookie you love. If jumbo isn’t your thing, make them regular sized. This jumbo cookie ate the smaller cookie.
|Jumbo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies|| |
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- (optional) 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time mixing well in between. Beat in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut and chips.
- For jumbo cookies, shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls of dough 3 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For smaller cookies, shape about 1½ tablespoons of dough into a ball and placed on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If desired, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; top with sprinkles or leave plain. Let the chocolate set.