This Hawaiian Cheese Ball is a cream cheese ball with crushed pineapple, green onions, and bell pepper. Use a mix of red and green bell pepper to make the ball festive for Christmas. This is a crowd pleaser. This Hawaiian Cheese Ball was served at the last Bunko party we had. I’m not usually one to go for a cheese ball but when the girls were flocking over this cheese ball with pumpkin cake, carmelitas, and cake pops nearby, I knew that I had to try it.
My friend Alice was given this recipe at her bridal shower years ago. It’s a vintage recipe that’s new to me. Those are my favorite. I actually took this as an appetizer for Thanksgiving and we scarfed it down. The fact that we all were starving because we tried to save our appetites for Thanksgiving dinner may have contributed a bit. I love that you can make this festive for Christmas by adding both green and red bell peppers to the ball. You add half of the pecans to the ball… …and the other half you roll the ball in.
|Hawaiian Cheese Ball|| |
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped green and red bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients (only 1 cup of the pecans) together until well combined. Shape into a ball. Place the remaining 1 cup of pecans on a plate and roll the ball in the pecans covering well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers: wheat thins, Ritz, or Triscuits work well.