These Peanut Noodles are covered in a flavorful peanut sauce for a unique dish that will have your family begging for more.
We eat pretty traditional food around here. Nothing too crazy. I love down home cooking and so those are the recipes I lean towards. These are Peanut Noodles. Before you go running the other direction, hear me out. These noodles are like nothing I’ve had before. It’s regular spaghetti covered in an Asian inspired peanut sauce. My kids were playing with their friends as I prepared this and they stopped playing at least five times to say, “What is that good smell?” “What are you cooking?”
I do realize that this is the third recipe with peanut butter in it in the last week and a half that I’ve shared with you . I’m sorry. Especially if you are allergic to nuts, then I’m really sorry. I just have this thing with peanut butter. I can’t get enough of it. Remember when my sister was trying to get pregnant via in vitro and the doctor told her to eat as many calories and she could…so she ate an entire jar of peanut butter every week? Yeah. I was sooo jealous. That’s pretty much my dream. I came close to being the Peanut Butter Queen when I ate this entire Peanut Butter “Cheese” Ball by myself. There’s just enough sauce for the noodles. If you love your noodles drowning in sauce, you might want to double the sauce. Don’t knock ’em til you try them.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (white parts only - reserve green parts for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (see Note)
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter (use crunchy if you want nuts in it)
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small skillet, heat sesame oil over low heat Add the onions (white parts only) and cook until tender. Add the ginger and cook for about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir in the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Toss spaghetti with sauce and garnish with sliced green onions and peanuts if desired.